If so, you’re in the right place.
I’m looking for an expert web developer who will be the go-to-person for our higher level projects.
This is a sub-contracted, remote position. That’s right… you can do it from anywhere.
SO WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The lead web developer will be responsible for a variety of tasks across various websites. Some of these tasks include:
- PSD to responsive HTML for higher level projects
- Examples include sales pages, order form pages, wordpress themes, and wordpress powered members areas.
- Server management
- Examples include: installing zpanel, securing servers, auto-scaling servers for project launches, etc.
- WordPress plugin creation
- jQuery plugin creation
- Moving completed projects from other developers from a development to a live environment
- An example of this would be moving a coded thank you page from a ZIP archive or c9.io to the live page at theperfectleadmagnet.com/thank-you
- Creating automatic backups of websites and databases
- Designing on the fly.
- All of our projects go to a designer first, but sometimes we need to make a small tweak to the design after a page has already been coded.
THINGS YOU'VE DONE IN THE PAST:
- Created responsive pages with HTML, CSS and jQuery using modern web standards
- Created WordPress themes from scratch
- Worked with and understand how to effectively use grid systems in web development
- Worked with PHP and MySQL/PHPMyAdmin
- Deployed new servers, deployed new auto-scaling servers, managed existing servers
- Worked in a fast moving environment
- Worked on multiple projects from start to completion
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR:
- Those looking for a “side-job” while growing their own business.
- Those who have a lot going on already, and don’t have the time and focus needed to do a quality job.
- Those who create websites using Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, etc.
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is an expert with HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Is an expert at creating responsive layouts
- Has a strong knowledge of WordPress
- Has experience working with PHP and SQL/PHPMyAdmin
- Has experience creating and managing servers
- Has experience designing on the fly based on feedback from owners, directors and managers
- Is not locked in to just working 9 to 5, but embraces the “until it gets done” attitude
- Is a high communicator
- Takes ownership and pride in your work
- Is not afraid of new challenges
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly
- Adapts very well to changes on the go
- Can handle direct & blunt feedback. Does not need to be cuddled.
WHY SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
- Your work will be seen by MILLIONS.
- You’ll get to push yourself mentally and put your skills to use in a business that is constantly launching new projects. There is never a dull moment.
- The flexibility & freedom to work from wherever.
- You’ll be paid to do what you already love.
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT:
- We launch dozens of projects each year and need someone who can really own this role.
- You will have your hands in almost every project, working on larger projects directly, and moving most smaller projects to a live environment.
Sound good? I want to learn more about you!